Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Red Velvet Cake



Like my last pregnancy, I could not stop baking/cooking/grilling to save my life. I don't really "nest" like normal pregnant women do, but boy, do I cook up a storm. I remember when Bjorn returned from his deployment last year right before Audriana was born and fully expecting me to nest. He would casually drop an article of clothing (that was hanging in the closet) on the floor and ask me if I felt like nesting yet. My answer was always a resounding no. And he'd have to pick up the clothes. Hahaha.

At anyrate, Bjorn, to his delight, has really been benefiting from this frenzy in the kitchen. My latest creation has been a 4-layer red velvet cake. I don't know why I like it so much other than the fact that I saw it on Steel Magnolias and instantly loved it (both the movie and the cake). I have to admit that for a person who somehow comes dyslexic when reading baking recipes, the red velvet did not fair out too bad. The frosting was amazing...cream cheese and mascarpone. You must try it...it is SINFULLY DIVINE!!! Enjoy the pictures of my handiwork. And if y'all can keep a secret: Audriana loves the frosting as much as her momma....when Daddy isn't looking she takes a swipe of the frosting, too!