Saturday, October 31, 2009

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!

Audriana trying out her new costume in the toy room!
Side view of our salmon sashimi
Can you tell she's loving her costume?

This year for Halloween, we decided to dress up as a family in a food theme--Sushi! Audriana was our Salmon Sashimi. I was a bottle of Kikkoman Soy Sauce and Bjorn was a bottle of Kikkoman Low Sodium Soy Sauce. We were a big hit at several Halloween parties and people loved our creativity. Though, I wish I could claim full credit in the creativity department, I cannot. The idea of Audriana as a Salmon Sashimi came from a magazine. The idea of Bjorn and I dressing up as Kikkoman soy sauce bottles was entirely Bjorn's. We were originally go to dress up as chopsticks, but the thought of me in a tan spandex suit had some drawbacks...so the soy sauce bottle it was! Bjorn and I had a great time making our costumes--who knew he was so meticulous about cutting out his felt letters! Happy Halloween, everyone!