After giving ourselves about 3 weeks to settle into our new house, we had our first house guests--Grandma Kris and Grandpa Byron! It was so nice to see them and show them our new house and the area that we live. I am happy to report that they love our new house and really enjoyed the sweltering walks with Scout and Baby Audriana...haha...okay, perhaps "enjoy" is too strong a word to describe their feelings on the warm weather. It took them quite a while to get used to the heat--especially Grandpa Anderson. I think he finally got used to the heat as he was about to board his plane back to Minneapolis :) We loved having them and I really appreciated the fact that they got my keister into gear to hang pictures on the wall. When Grandpa Byron can't stand having pictures propped on the floor, you know you are in trouble!
Of course, a visit from the doting grandparents yielded pretty presents for Audriana. Not only did Grandma Kris come bearing gifts of a pretty pint-size sippy cup from Sweden and new jammies for the fall, but she and Grandpa Byron also got Audriana an awesome high-chair as her housewarming present! As you can see in the picture, she enjoys eating, drinking, lounging, and (although you can't smell it) dropping the occasional dookie in the chair. A girl after her daddy's heart :)
I think the highlight of the trip for Grandma and Grandpa A was the sighting of the "alligator" in our back pond. Grandpa Byron had the binoculars out waiting for the "alligator" to make his appearance. After a few days of dedicated spying, it turns out that our infamous "alligator" was a mere turtle! It was very fun to give Grandpa Byron a hard time about that as he was convinced that it was an alligator. I know that I probably shouldn't give too hard of a time as I had mistaken a rock for a dolphin (according to Bjorn) on my mini-honeymoon and fell off my bike trying to point it out to my new husband. Bjorn says that Grandpa Byron and I hang out well together as we like to embellish our stories.....posh....I stand by my observation--it was a dolphin!