We finally got internet in our house! Well, its been a loooooooong time since I have last posted on our blog. I really thought that we would have been in a house in Jacksonville by July 1st, at the very latest. But it was not to be. At anyrate, we are finally moved into a house in Jacksonville, after being homeless for months and bouncing from house to house of our friends'. We seriously would have been in trouble had it not been for the generosity of our friends here in Jacksonville.
So, to bring everyone up to speed. We initially bought a house in the Avondale area of Jacksonville. Unfortunately, the deal fell through (through no fault of ours). After a bout of fleas at the supposedly reputable hotel we were staying at (Scout contracted them from the carpet and we were on the receiving end of the ankle bites), we found a house in Fleming Island, FL. It is a cute house with plenty of space for Scout to chase the geckos (they drive him CRAZY) and for Audriana to run around and find mischief. It has a lot more space than our old house in La Conner, but I am sure that we will not have trouble find things to fill it with...like brightly colored baby toys and paraphernalia!
Speaking of our darling baby girl...Audriana has gotten HUGE. I love the chubby cheeks, arms and legs. I really have to restrain myself to just pinching them just a little bit. Audriana is mostly on formula and is incrediably interested in whatever we are eating. She seems to have a distaste for traditional baby food. She enjoys a daily afternoon treat of Georgia peaches...and really all fruit. I think its because she has a VERY sophisticated palate :) She loves to give her momma kisses (okay, they are more like bites on the lips and face) when she's tired. She giggles and smiles like its her job...super sociable and just delights in strangers tell her she is cute. She has two little teeth coming in and she is finding it pretty handy when enjoying her afternoon fruit. As for her hair, as a Sears sales guy put it, Audriana made out like a bandit in that department. She has enough for me to throw up in pigtails. And she doesn't seem to mind when I do her hair (a girl after her momma's heart).
Anyways, I will write more later, but in the meantime, here are some new pictures that I snapped of her at our new house. Enjoy!