Friday, May 10, 2013

Super news!

It has been a whirlwind week!  Last week, we kicked off a crazy season of weddings...criss-crossing around the country to help family and friends celebrate their special day.  A week ago today was the projected date that the Maryland Bar Examiners would post the unofficial results of the Feb. 2013 bar exam.  I am thrilled to report that I passed!  It was an incredible journey that I do not care to ever repeat again.  Ever.

I found out just as we checked into the hotel.  Bjorn had to study for his finals and I volunteered to do 90% of the driving as a means of distracting myself and giving Bjorn study time.  As it turns out, my passenger was feeling a bit scared for his life during the car ride up there as I was being a little manic with my emotions regarding my own internal speculation of the bar results.  Ha! Up until the moment I saw my exam number, I had no idea how I did. I remember scrolling down excruciatingly slowly and my heart just slamming into my ribs waiting to see the words "pass" next to my number.  My stomach dropped when I saw that those words were sitting right next to my number.  I could not believe it.  Maybe my number was incorrect.  I looked at all the possible numbers it could be...all said "pass."  I PASSED!!!  I managed to turn toward Bjorn and squeak out, "I passed," and leap into his arms....tears of joy and relief running down my cheeks.  I passed.  I passed.  I passed.  I never have to do this again.
Thank you, God!

Many people have asked me how I managed to study for the bar exam five years post law school graduation, raise three babies and have a hubby who is only home part time.  My answer: God and intense fear.  I could not have accomplished this feat without the good grace of God and Him hearing my prayers and pleads.  Fear was a great tool at making sure that I got this done.  I will never forget the heartache and how my heart bled the morning I left my children the day after Christmas...unsure if my leaving them for so long at such a young age would leave them scared for life (in retrospect, I doubt it did...though, we have a few more years to find out).  But the thought of going through all this for 10 weeks and not have it pay off was not an acceptable result.  My three babies helped to get me through this.  I did this for them.  I did this for me.  I did this for my family.  I am so glad that we got through it in one piece.  On to our next adventure!

Thrilled to have just passed the bar exam!

My handsome date at the Cadet Chapel.

Strawberry Patch Family Picture

Look how much we picked!

See how yummy it is??

E and A were fascinated by the two sleeping piggies wallowing in mud.  H...not so much.

Recital Costume Distribution day...a picture with her favorite fan: her little brother!

The million dollar shot.

No comments: