Hello friends and family!
Yes, we are still alive!!! I can't believe that its been this long since I have had a time to sit down and write on the blog. Actually, nevermind, I can. Life has been crazy...even though TPS is over. I think Bjorn (and now me) just like pain and punishment (B's college decision...I should have known, right?!?).
So some major things that I have happened since I last wrote: I decided to study and sit for the Maryland Bar exam and B has decided to do a master's degree in systems engineering as well as take on a Marine Corps leadership training class (for those of you wondering: no, we are not switching services) as well as working his regular job. To say that we have been busy, is putting it mildly.
The toughest, of course, was studying and sitting for that dang exam. From the day after Christmas until the day after the exam, I had pretty much extricated myself from my children and B. Mima and Boppa flew in mid-January to come stay with us and help out with the kids while I studied full time. It was an incredible blessing to have them with us during that time, but the babies and I had a miserable time being apart. Did I mention it was miserable?? B's always been the one to leave and I have always been their constant. It was so heartbreaking that I was the one leaving this time. I remember crying into B's chest the night before I had to leave them, repeating over and over that I could not do this. I could not leave my babies. The next morning, trying my hardest not to cry, yet failing miserably, Haakon catches a tear rolling down my cheek and exclaiming, "I caught your tear, Mommy!" Aww, man. Just when I was trying to rally myself. But I managed to get on that plane and do what needed to get done.
Looking back, I was and am incredibly grateful to Byron and Kristine for taking care of my babies when I could not. But I never want to do that again....10 weeks was like 10 years! So glad that it is over. Now, its the waiting game. Many people have asked my thoughts on the exam...if I've had any "feelings" on how I did. And honestly, I have no idea. I don't want to speculate either...it just makes me sick to my stomach. If I thought about the exam long enough, I think I could make myself vomit. The grading is done by actual people...not computers. There are 10 essays plus an extra long essay for the graders to read for each applicant. And then the computers get involved. They get to scan 200 scantron answers per applicant. So who knows how I did. I just continue to pray for His grace AND that the exam graders were in particularly good moods when they read my answers. Your prayers and positive thoughts are appreciated as they could still be grading them now.
Anyways, I will try to write more as there are always thoughts swimming in my head about funny topics to write about. But the little people in this house are so demanding...wanting me to make them breakfast, lunch and dinner.... plus, the never-ending snacks. The snacks! Not to mention chauffeur them around to school and their activities and playdates. And now, the game of musical bed that ALL THREE have been playing at night. Its hard not to fall asleep WITH them as I am tucking them in for the night. As tough as it is sometimes, it is a crazy, beautiful, and blessed ride that I am on.
Hope you all are doing well. Please do drop us a line at sopanhaandbjorn@yahoo.com to let us know how you are doing...we love to hear from family and friends. Or better yet, come visit!
Hugs and love!
Sopanha
cute video clips
16 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment