We were incredibly blessed to have only escaped the wrath of Hurricane Sandy with only a few lost panels of fencing in our backyard. The gaping hole back there left Scout quite curious and suspicious. But within days, it was fixed and we are back to our normal daily activities. Bjorn and the kiddos were given a two day hiatus from classes since the winds and the rains were quite bad during the worst of the storm. We prepared, waiting in long long lines with all three kids (who were incredibly well-behaved for having to wait in line that long!) for non-perishable food items, water and basic necessities in the event that we would lose power. Luckily, we never lost power and never had to tap into canned soup. Our area, despite the rain and winds, was spared compared to those in NY and VA. Thank you, God!
Because we were spared, we still got to celebrate Halloween with trick-or-treating fun. Audriana was a princess (of course!); Haakon was a knight; and Espen was a dragon. When I asked Haakon a few weeks earlier what he wanted to be for Halloween, our conversation went like this:
Mommy: "Haakon, what do you want to be for Halloween?"
H: "I want to be a king. I want Ana [his special nickname for Audriana] to be a princess."
M: "What about Baby Espen?"
H: "I want Baby Esen [his special nickname for Espen] to be my friend!"
[Mommy and Haakon hug].
I just love that kid! And the other ones too :)
Here is a picture from Halloween before the trick-or-treating began!
cute video clips
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment