Monday, July 19, 2010

Home Sweet Renovations!






Since we've moved into our home in Florida, pictures of updated kitchen and bath have been floating through my mind. And after a year of making ourselves comfortable, we decided that it was time to make-over the kitchen! Initially, this was going to be a simple "replace-the-countertops" project. Now, it is getting a little bit bigger than that.

We decided to lop off the breakfast bar so that the yellow-river granite countertops can be showcased. In addition, we thought that the ceramic tile backsplash was a more appropriate accent for the bathroom, rather than kitchen. So, we will be putting in travertine subway tiles as our backsplash. And finally, we found the most amazing copper apron sink! The sink is going to be the most difficult component since our base cabinets are not designed to hold those types of sinks. Bjorn, to my trepidation, will be altering these base cabinets to fit this sink.

For right now, I am without a microwave and useable counter space. So meals have been consisting of one-pot wonders! I am so excited to see the finished product. Bjorn has been doing a stellar job of the carpentry so far (thus, when I say "we", I really mean Bjorn. I only keep the kids out of the work area and Bjorn's way). More pictures to come...

No comments: