Friday, August 20, 2010

August Happenings...

2nd Day of School Picture!

Posing in the kitchen with her backpack and lunch.

Checking out her stuff and watching the big kids walk to their bus stop.

Opps! Lunch looked so tasty that she just had to have a sample...
... and Haakon and Scout eagerly await their samples :)

Brand new shoes for school!

Mmmm...Lunch sack!

Before-school snack and thinking about the school day.

Haakon is SOOO excited for Audriana's 2nd day of school!

So much has happened this month! But before we proceed any further, I must give a shout-out to my very favorite MIL....HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM #2!!!! I am such a lucky girl to call you my mother-in-law and have you in my life. To many, many, many more birthdays!!!!

In addition to Grandma Anderson's momentous occasion, Audriana had her own momentous occasion: nursery school! She's had two classes so far and while it was traumatic for both of us at first, I think she is warming up to the idea of hanging out with other little shorty-pants people! Even though its only nursery school, she does get a healthy does of academic learning (familiarity with shapes, colors, numbers and letters). The time that she is at school provides GREAT one-on-one time between Haakon and Mommy!

In other developments, Haakon is steadily growing like a giant weed! He's stretching out quite a bit and leveling his weight gain. He eats like there is no tomorrow...seriously. While other babies his age eat about two or three jars of baby food a day, our growing boy eats NINE! He's got 3 new top teeth cutting....and he continues to be a GREAT nurser. I thought for a while that between Haakon and Audriana that Haakon would be the more serious of the two. I was wrong. They are both little clowns. He is just as silly as his sister and has her sense of playfulness. He loves to blow raspberries with a mouth full of food. He just giggles and giggles when he does this. I try to tell him to stop. But unfortunately, most of the time, I am trying to contain myself from laughing and thus, further encouraging him.

Happy August....enjoy the last few weeks of summer and for you Minnesotans out there...ENJOY THE STATE FAIR and eat the newest thing on a stick for us...lucky ducks!!!!!


No comments: