Monday, September 21, 2009

Look Who Just Turned 29!!





Happy birthday to our very favorite pilot! Since Bjorn's birthday landed in the middle of the week this year and because we were not able to properly celebrate due to his instructor training certification at work, we did the next best thing: a SURPRISE PARTY! Bjorn's birthday happens to fall on the same week at my friend, Emily's husband Nate (and Bjorn's friend as well). Emily and I joined forces and gave them a surprise fiesta party. By the expressions on their faces, they had no clue that this was coming.

Emily and I had been planning this party for about 2 weeks. We invited all our friends, got the caterers lined up and the decorations were ready to go. We, the Andersons, headed out to visit Emily and Nate at their house on Saturday morning. The ruse was that Emily, Audriana and I were going to go "shopping" while the guys were suppose to sit at the house and watch football. While we were "shopping" we were busy getting the house set up and welcoming guests. Everything was going smoothly until we called the Bjorn and Nate about 45 minutes before the real party was about to begin. They were at the cigar bar, half way through their cigars and they had just ordered food. This put a slight wrinkle in our plans to say the least. At this point, Emily and I were telling fib after fib to get them to come to their party ASAP. The unfortunate part was that we didn't really line up our fibs with each other since our husbands were sitting right next to each other. Luckily, they didn't catch us and we ended up wrangling them to the house under the guise of a hormonal preggo pop (that would be me). They finally showed up and a great time was had by all!

PS--For the record, I would just like to say that I am a rather pleasant pregnant lady...just ask Bjorn.